Cu Chi Tunnels Tour & Vietnam Countryside Experience
This is another variation of our popular Cu Chi tour, combining the legendary historical site with visiting surrounding cultural attractions.
This full-day Cu Chi Tunnels tour is perfect for those interested in Vietnam’s wartime past, but also want to experience traditional life of Vietnam countryside, which few tourists get to see.
Over the course of an hour, our speedboat will whisk you from central Saigon to Cu Chi, past tranquil countryside pastures that offer a glimpse into life along the river.
You will then explore the historic Cu Chi Tunnels site, before enjoying a traditional Vietnamese lunch prepared by our chef. Then, depending on your choice, either a minivan or Jeep will pick you up and take you on a journey through the scenic Vietnam countryside.
You will visit an authentic cricket farm, and organic herb farm and a local country house, where traditional rice paper is made by hand as it has unchanged for centuries.
7:00am: Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and bring you by van to your boat at Saigon’s pier.
7:30am: Depart Saigon by boat. Within 15 minutes, the banks of the river change from city building to lush jungle.
9:00am: Arrive at and explore the Cu Chi Tunnels site before the tour buses arrive after travelling the considerable distance by road.
9:15am: Begin the guided Cu Chi tour taking in tunnels, ammunition caches, secret bunkers, command centers, a firing range and more.
11:30pm: Enjoy a traditional Vietnamese lunch in a pleasant riverside setting.
12:30pm: You will be picked up by Les Rives’ minibus or Jeep (depending on the booked option) and explore the surrounding Vietnam countryside. Visit a cricket farm, an organic herb farm and a local house that makes rice paper by hand in the traditional method. Head back to Saigon by Les Rives’ minibus or Jeep.
03:00pm: Arrive back in Saigon and be dropped off at your hotel.
Please note that due to the individual nature of the tours, times are approximate and can vary slightly.
Tour By Boat & Minivan
Under 12 years oldVND 1,399,000*
0-3 years oldFree of charge
Minivan Capacity10 pax
* Includes mandatory Government Tax and Service Charge
Includes: Light breakfast, lunch, unlimited refreshments and local fruit, English-speaking guide, all entrance fees, pick-up and drop off at centrally located hotels.
Please note we only pick-up and drop off at hotel located in district 1, district 2 and district 3
WHAT TO EXPECT
Discover one of Vietnam’s most important historical sites during the Cu Chi Tunnels tour
Once arriving at Cu Chi, your guide will lead you through this fascinating region, providing commentary on the historical context and importance of different attractions.
You will explore tunnels and bunkers dug with hand tools by the guerrilla fighters, used as communication and command centers, makeshift triage hospitals, weapon arsenals, and kitchens that served up to 10,000 people.
You’ll take in a variety of ingenious booby-traps and war-relics including a tank and machine guns. You’ll see how the guerrillas forged traps from unexploded American bombs, how they concealed tunnels entrances from troops and sniffer dogs, and how they cooked food without alerting American soldiers with the smoke.
You’ll see the inner workings of this multilevel 250km maze of tunnels, and of course you’ll get to experience what life was like down there for yourself! Don’t worry there are plenty of exits! A firing range at the end of the tour offers you the chance to shoot genuine war-relic weapons including M16s and Browning M1919s. The wartime story has never been as real as in Cu Chi.
You will then enjoy a delicious Vietnamese lunch prepared by our chefs, including authentic dishes like caramelized pork and lemongrass chicken.
After lunch, Les Rives’ minivan or Jeep will pick you up and take you on a tour through the surrounding area of Vietnam countryside, past evocative images of conical hatted workers, buffalo ploughing fields, and miles of lush green paddy fields. You will visit a cricket farm, an organic herb farm and a traditional house where handmade rice paper is made. This offers a window into authentic rural Vietnamese life that few visitors have ever witnessed. You will then be taken back to your hotel.
What to know in advance for Cu Chi Tunnels Tour…
- Bring your camera! There are amazing photo opportunities both travelling to and from Cu Chi, and at the actual site itself.
- We also recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes, light clothing and a hat.
- From November to February, we suggest you bring a jacket for the early starts.
- Les Rives will provide insect repellent, waterproof ponchos and umbrellas on the boat.
- Soft drinks, water and fruit provided during the boat journey are included in the overall price and not subject additional charge.
- Please request vegetarian or Halal food options 24 hours in advance of your tour. Please note a surcharge will be incurred.
- Some of the tunnels at Cu Chi have been enlarged, yet they can still be claustrophobic. However there are always plenty of exits.
- Please note that the abundant water hyacinth on the Saigon River can cause the boat to stall, meaning sometimes we’ll have to go at a gentler pace than usual. Occasionally there are slight delays.
- We are happy to say that no tour is exactly the same with Les Rives, and as result scheduled times can vary slightly.
- All guides speak excellent English and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
WHY LES RIVES ?
We Only Operate Small Group Tour
Carefully Time Our Tours To Avoid Large Bus Crowds
Only Authentic Tours With Unique Experiences
Friendly, Knowledgeable & English Proficiency Tour Guides With International License
Traveling By Speedboat Is Quicker And Way More Fun Than By Bus
All Boats Have Complete International Standard Safety Equipment