Cu Chi Tunnels by Boat & Bicycle
You have a great opportunity to explore the famous Cu Chi Tunnels by boat and bicycle.
During this tour you take a trip on the Saigon River aboard a modern speedboat, cycle through villages, plantations, the green rubber forest and explore the Cu Chi Tunnels, a small sample of the immense network of tunnels during the US-Vietnam conflict.
Boarding on a comfortable speedboat to reach Cu Chi area, you will observe the daily activities along the banks of Saigon river. As a perfect match, the cycling trip allow you to explore the countryside covered by the rubber forest. Riding comfortable, impeccably maintained bikes with the guidance of an English-speaking guide, this trip will take you through peaceful villages, to see agricultural landscapes and the daily life of Southern Vietnamese people.
A visit to the famous Cu Chi tunnels is a highlight of this enjoyable adventure which provides some historical & surprising facts about Vietnam-US conflict.
7:00am: Your guide will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and bring you by car to your boat at Ho Chi Minh City’s central pier at District 1.
7:20am: Depart Saigon by speedboat. Within 15 minutes, the banks of the river change from city sprawl to lush jungle. A light breakfast of sandwiches or pastries, fresh tropical fruits and Vietnamese iced coffee (Ca phe sua da) is served, as your guide explains rural traditions and aspects of riverbank life.
8:50am: Arrive at Cu Chi, top quality Merida, Trek or Giant mountain bikes with helmets are ready for you to start the exciting road trip of 25 to 30 km. Guided by well English spoken biker, you will ride the back roads and hidden dirt trails to escape the crowds and bus tourists and to see the real Southern Vietnam. You will have a light snack after finishing a half of the cycling trip.
12:30pm: Explore Cu Chi Tunnels, which includes weapon and booby trap exhibitions, navigating authentic Viet Cong tunnel system, visiting different underground bunkers (kitchens, meeting rooms, ammunitions etc.), a firing range and much more. Try the local cassava root that sustained Viet Cong fighters for years.
13:30pm: Enjoy a delicious traditional Vietnamese lunch at a local restaurant.
14:30pm: Depart Cu Chi and return to Ho Chi Minh City by air conditioned van.
Please note that due to the individual nature of the tours, times are approximate and can vary slightly
Under 12 years oldVND 2,599,000*
0-3 years oldVND 1,700,00*
* Includes mandatory Government Tax and Service Charge
Includes: Light breakfast, lunch, unlimited refreshments and local fruits, English-speaking guide, all entrance fees, pick-up and drop off at centrally located hotels.
Please note we only pick-up and drop off at hotel located in district 1, district 2 and district 3
This Cu Chi Tunnels tour is limited to 8 participants to ensure a more personal guided experience and to ensure you receive the premium service that we commit to.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Discover one of Vietnam’s most important historical sites – the Cu Chi Tunnels by boat and bicycle
During the Cu Chi Tunnels tour, your guide will lead you through this fascinating region, providing commentary on the historical context and importance of different attractions.
You’ll ride through the surrounding area of Cu Chi site, past evocative images of conical hatted workers, buffalo ploughing fields, and miles of lush green paddy fields. You will visit a traditional house where handmade rice paper is made. This offers a window into authentic rural Vietnamese life that few visitors have ever witnessed.
You will explore tunnels and bunkers dug with hand tools by the guerrilla fighters, used as communication and command centers, makeshift triage hospitals, weapon arsenals, and kitchens that served up to 10,000 people.
You’ll take in a variety of ingenious booby-traps and war-relics including a tank and machine guns. You’ll see how the guerrillas forged traps from unexploded American bombs, how they concealed tunnels entrances from troops and sniffer dogs, and how they cooked food without alerting American soldiers with the smoke.
You’ll see the inner workings of this multilevel 250km maze of tunnels, and of course you’ll get to experience what life was like down there for yourself! Don’t worry there are plenty of exits! A firing range at the end of the tour offers you the chance to shoot genuine war-relic weapons including M16s and Browning M1919s. The wartime story has never been as real as in Cu Chi.
What to know in advance of Cu Chi Tunnels tour by Boat & Bicycle…
- Bring your camera! There are amazing photo opportunities both travelling to and from Cu Chi, and at the actual site itself.
- We also recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes, light clothing and a hat.
- From November to February, we suggest you bring a jacket for the early starts.
- Les Rives will provide insect repellent, waterproof ponchos and umbrellas on the boat.
- Soft drinks, water and fruit provided during the boat journey are included in the overall price and not subject additional charge.
- Please request vegetarian or Halal food options 24 hours in advance of your tour. Please note a surcharge will be incurred.
- Some of the tunnels at Cu Chi have been enlarged, yet they can still be claustrophobic. However there are always plenty of exits.
- Please note that the abundant water hyacinth on the Saigon River can cause the boat to stall, meaning sometimes we’ll have to go at a gentler pace than usual. Occasionally there are slight delays.
- We are happy to say that no tour is exactly the same with Les Rives, and as result scheduled times can vary slightly.
- All guides speak excellent English and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
WHY LES RIVES ?
We Only Operate Small Group Tour
Carefully Time Our Tours To Avoid Large Bus Crowds
Only Authentic Tours With Unique Experiences
Friendly, Knowledgeable & English Proficiency Tour Guides With International License
Traveling By Speedboat Is Quicker And Way More Fun Than By Bus
All Boats Have Complete International Standard Safety Equipment