Cu Chi Tunnels and Hidden Ho Chi Minh Day Tour
Part 1: The Cu Chi Tunnel Experience with Les Rives
Start the Cu Chi Tunnels tour early at 7 am to beat the large tour groups. Travel to the famous Cu Chi Tunnels in style on one of Les Rives’ modern speedboats, while learning about life on the river as you glide through the floating hyacinths.
Explore the historic war site of Cu Chi Tunnel, from weapons to underground bunkers. If you are feeling extra adventurous, you can even crawl through the authentic Viet Cong tunnels and try the local cassava root, which the fighters sustained themselves on for years.
After the blast from the past at the Cu Chi Tunnels, enjoy a traditional Vietnamese lunch right by the river. Then relax as the graceful Les Rives speedboat brings you back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Part 2: Saigon local’s lifestyle with Vespa Adventures
For our Hidden Ho Chi Minh day tour, at roughly 1pm Vietnam Vespa Adventures will pick you up on restored vintage Vespas from Bach Dang pier to show you the best way to get off the beaten path of Saigon.
While cruising through the bustling streets like a local on the back of a scooter, see the sites that you would never find on your own. Learn about things such as small family business in the big city, the Chinese community and their influence of medicine, Vietnamese customs & religion, and more.
We will end at a hidden relaxing Buddhist Pagoda which has yet to be found by other tourists.
At around 4:30pm, the Hidden Ho Chi Minh day tour comes to an end and Vietnam Vespa Adventures will drop you off at your hotel or residence.
7:00 am: Pick-up at the hotel and transfer to the city pier.
7:20 am: Boat departure and light breakfast onboard. Observing the river life on the way to Cu Chi Tunnel.
8:50 am: Arrival to the Cu Chi Tunnels before the large groups of tourists. Watching an introductory “propaganda” video.
9:00 am: Exploring Cu Chi Tunnel site. Visiting booby traps exhibition, tunnels and bunkers, a firing range etc.
11:00 am: Traditional lunch at a riverside restaurant.
11:30 am: Departure from the Cu Chi Tunnels by boat.
1:00 pm: Arrival in HCMC and pick up by Vespa Adventures vintage scooters at the pier.
1:10 pm: City tour on the back of a Vespa, including visiting Chinese community, a stop at a Buddhist pagoda etc.
4:30 pm: Drop off at the hotel.
Please note that due to the individual nature of the tours, times are approximate and can vary slightly.
Under 12 years oldVND 2,488,000*
0-3 years oldFree of charge
* Includes mandatory Government Tax and Service Charge
Includes: Breakfast, lunch, unlimited refreshments and local fruit, English-speaking guide, all entrance fees, pick-up and drop off at centrally located hotels.
Please note we only pick-up and drop off at hotel located in district 1, district 2 and district 3
WHAT TO EXPECT
Take Vespa tour to explore another Saigon after Cu Chi Tunnels tour
The Vespa tour of modern-day Ho Chi Minh City will give you a view of Saigon unlike anything you’ll see from a package tour, and much more of the city than you could see on your own. We’re longtime residents of Saigon, and we know exactly how to take in the must-see landmarks while also getting you off the crowded tourist trail for a peek at the history, the streets and the sights that most visitors never even hear about or see. Guests ride pillion behind our drivers.
What to know in advance of Cu Chi Tunnels and Hidden Ho Chi Minh Day Tour…
- Bring your camera! There are amazing photo opportunities both traveling to and from Cu Chi tunnel location and at the actual site itself.
- We also recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes, light clothing and a hat.
- From November to February, we suggest you bring a jacket for the early starts.
- Les Rives will provide insect repellent, waterproof ponchos and umbrellas.
- Soft drinks, water and fruit provided during the boat journey are included in the overall price and not subject additional charge.
- Please request vegetarian or Halal food options 24 hours in advance of your tour. Please note a surcharge will be incurred.
- Some of the tunnels at Cu Chi have been enlarged, yet they can still be claustrophobic. However there are always plenty of exits.
- Please note that the abundant water hyacinth on the Saigon River can cause the boat to stall, meaning sometimes we’ll have to go at a gentler pace than usual. Occasionally there are slight delays.
- We are happy to say that no tour is exactly the same with Les Rives, and as result scheduled times can vary slightly.
- All guides speak excellent English and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
WHY LES RIVES ?
We Only Operate Small Group Tour
Carefully Time Our Tours To Avoid Large Bus Crowds
Only Authentic Tours With Unique Experiences
Friendly, Knowledgeable & English Proficiency Tour Guides With International License
Traveling By Speedboat Is Quicker And Way More Fun Than By Bus
All Boats Have Complete International Standard Safety Equipment